Nashville Children’s Alliance will once again hold its annual 5K Walk at Sevier Park on April 7, 2018. Our walk has been held annually for 13 years, raising not only awareness of child sexual and physical abuse, but also the necessary funds to support and sustain the work of the Nashville Children’s Alliance. Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and the 5K Walk is scheduled to start at 9:00 a.m. at Sevier Park in the 12th South Area. This is a pet and family friendly event. Please go to www.nashvillechildrensalliance.org to register to walk.
The mission of The Nashville Children’s Alliance is to reduce the trauma of child abuse victims and their families by facilitating a comprehensive multidisciplinary team approach to detection, investigation, prosecution and treatment.
- The multidisciplinary team working on each abuse case consists of professional representatives from the Department of Children’s Services, Metropolitan Police Department, District Attorney’s Office, and Nashville Children’s Alliance forensic interviewers and clinical therapists. These professionals convene weekly and the case review is managed by our staff.
- Last year, 1,797 cases of alleged sexual and severe physical abuse were reviewed by our multidisciplinary team (NCA, DCS, DA, Metro Police)
- Over 707 children were interviewed by our forensic interviewers, and 159 children were provided trauma focused therapy with our clinical therapists in 1,738 therapy sessions.
- NCA serves children, ages 3-17, providing therapeutic trauma-focused counseling to those who have suffered severe physical or sexual abuse, been traumatized by domestic violence, or witnessed a homicide.
- NCA provides services to English and Spanish-speaking children and non-offending parents in a child-friendly, safe environment.
- Our services to Nashville’s child abuse victims have grown by an average of 10% each and every year since our start in 1992, which demonstrates the perpetual need for our services and an increasing need for funding.
- All of the services are provided at absolutely no cost to the families we serve.